Quick and easy dinner! Can substitute pickled sweet red peppers for less "hot" if needed.
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup pickled cherry peppers, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons brine from the jar
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup plain 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 4 whole-wheat sandwich thins, lightly toasted
Pulse the chickpeas, garlic, half each of the scallions, cilantro and pickled peppers, the panko and cumin in a food processor until smooth, about 3 minutes. Form into 4 thin 3-inch patties.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until a golden crust forms, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Put the falafel patties on the sandwich thins; top with the sliced tomato and the remaining yogurt dressing and pickled peppers. Serve with the salad.