Chock full of veggies, this hearty casserole gets an extra burst of flavor from sweet and tangy sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 (12 oz) box whole-wheat fusilli or rotini
- 1 ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup pesto
- 1 (16 oz) bag chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded Asiago cheese (or Parmesan)
Preheat oven to 400℉. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, milk, egg, and pesto. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Squeeze the spinach until dry. Add the spinach, peas, and sun-dried tomatoes to the ricotta mixture. Stir in the cooked pasta.
Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer the pasta mixture to the dish and top with cheese. Bake 15 min., until cheese is melted.