Chef's NotesA delicious recipe from Food52! This is really quick to whip up, even with the breading it isn't terribly difficult. It is great for a Friday or Saturday when you have a little more time to sit and enjoy a good, balanced meal. I serve it with asparagus or green beans and some fresh bread! Also, it is a good recipe to stock up on some good spices that are good to have in general!
DirectionsHerb Crusted Pork Chops:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare a breading station by placing the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
3. Season the bread crumbs with the fresh herbs. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip each pork chop into the flour. Shake to remove excess. Then dip into the egg, and then generously coat with bread crumbs. Set aside.
4. In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. When the oil is very hot, place the pork chops in and pan fry until golden brown on each side (about 2-3 minutes each side). Transfer the pork chops to a cookie sheet.
5. Place the pork chops in the oven and bake until cooked through (another 5-6 minutes). Remove from the oven and allow to rest briefly. Serve with balsamic onions.
1. In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
2. Season salt and pepper, and continue cooking until the onions begin to caramelize. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until the onions are completely caramelized and very soft. Serve on top of the finished pork chops.